Max Payne - What The???

OK, I knew going into this that a lot of people thought this was bad. I've read some reviews that slammed it to hell.

but I found it cheap so I thought I'd pick it up and give it a go. Well...? I have to say it's not brilliant. In fact there are times when I thought it was downright rubbish. But it's not completely awful. Yes the drug-induced visions of vengeful angels was a bit naff, and yes the concept of a brooding cop who's lost his wife years earlier is so familiar as to be annoying. And there are some decent action bits and some nicely graphic violence.

But the best I can really say for it is it managed to avoid having me hit the fast forward button (or worse - the eject button). It did have help though - I was busy doing something on the computer whilst it was playing so it didn't have to occupy my complete attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Review of Wrath James White - Succulent Prey

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle