The Netherlands

I just got curious about the page view stats on my blog. I noticed that a new country just appeared in the list - the Netherlands. That made me smile.

I love the Netherlands. I've been there many times on holidays - yes I know it's not the typical choice. But trust me you should go. They are a wonderfully friendly people. And the country is beautiful. I dare anyone to go to Dordrecht and not find it a wonderful city.

I was last over in the Netherlands in May/June and had a wonderful time. We all did. We stayed in a small town called Oosterhout, or rather just outside. The cottage we hired was perfect. It was surrounded by farmland but no more than a kilometre to walk into the town centre where there were plenty of bars and restaurants. Idyllic.

And it is ideally suited to visit many wonderful cities - to be honest most places in Holland are. It's not a big country.

Anyway we went to Dordrecht, Utrecht, Middelburg, Goes, Delft, Leiden, den Haag / The Hague, 's-Hertogenbosch, Tilburg and a few more besides.

Next year one of our holiday options is to base ourselves somewhere around Zwolle and explore further north. I might get outvoted though. My wife likes the thought of driving to Liechtenstein.

Anyway, I'm distracting myself. Back to writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Review of Wrath James White - Succulent Prey

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle