Sir Arthur C. Clarke

One of the authors that first attracted me to science fiction died today. Together with Isaac Asimov, Michael Moorcock and Robert Heinlein, Clarke's books grabbed me and filled me with a passion that has never left me.

These men were responsible in a large part for the man I became. I don't think that's an exaggeration. I read sf from the age of nine. It encouraged me towards science and my degree choice. It set me up for the life I've lived - in computing.

And more dear to me than just about anything these men began my love affair with books, something I pray will never end.

Thank you Sir Arthur.

Rest In Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)