Undead

Another night, another movie. That could be said to sum up my life pretty much. Well last night's film of choice is a rather iffy Australian Zombie film called Undead.

It's a complete mish-mash of a film. We have zombies, fine. Then add in aliens - ok, getting slightly weirder. Go the whole hog by trying to make it comedic in places, but not all the way; add a survivalist nut; a government conspiracy and so on and you get a very confused film.

It's badly acted. It has appalling effects, a pitiful plot and a total case of badness.

Yes in other words I loved it. But my liking of bad movies is well known.

But before you dismiss me as someone with no taste whatsoever I must point out I do have some serious film likes.

I think the best horror film ever made is "Halloween" (the John Carpenter version from 1980). I like "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Harvey". I thought "Frost/Nixon" was brilliant. I like "Citizen Kane", "Bladerunner", "Goundhog Day", "Highlander", "Goodbye Mr. Chips", "Love Actually", "Back to the Future", "The Blues Brothers", "Rain Man", "Ghostbusters" and of course "Class of Nuke 'En High Part Two".

In other words I'm like anyone else. My tastes are varied. Go hang if you don't like it. I couldn't care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)