Bloodrayne

Why did I watch this? There are so many good films out there I've still not seen and yet I still watched this. One look at the cover should have warned me. Kristanna Loken is standing, with barely contained cleavage, holding two swords. Then I should have noticed the fact that it's based on a video game.

The warning signs were there. I just ignored them.

Now this might surprise anyone who knows me - or anyone who's read this blog - and read of me writing on some seriously bad movies. Surely you might think if I've watched some really BAD movies why would this be worse. And bizarrely enough it's because it isn't. It's better than a lot of the films I've seen, not worse.

Ant that's the problem for me. When you compare it to a lot of the extremely low budget movies I've seen this was a major production. You can tell watching it that it had a decent budget (I remember reading it had about $25m) but it isn't all that much better than some of the films I've seen that cost only tens of thousands.

And on top of it the fact that there are some decent actors in supporting roles (Michael Madsen and Ben Kingsley for two) and yet the quality is still just not there...grrrrr!

It could have been so much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

A writing update