The American Political Circus - a World Removed

The US election process is underway. I know I'm not telling you anything new - it's kind of difficult to miss. But it is absolutely fascinating and completely alien to me.

Compared with this the British way of doing things is a lot more sedate. Although the party leaders do travel the country duing an election campaign, the whole campaign is done in a matter of weeks, not months. And the concept of public votes to establish the candidates is bizarre to me - but then again we don't have a President. I guess it is a lot easier when the leader of the majority party in parliament takes the Prime Minister's position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle