11pm update

Well, so far, it's been a reasonably good writing evening. I have written four scenes of the novel making up 2,200 words with plenty of creative swearing, animal namedrops, euphemisms and insults and all without using a word harsher than shit.

When I revise this I will go back and take out the stronger language in the first few thousand words. I had originally intended for my narrator to be a thoroughly foul mouthed individual but it's become far more fun to have him create euphemisms than use the f word. So I am going to leave it with PG-13 level words (allow bastard, shit and bugger) but nothing worse. Okay it will mean it is still never going to head into PG-13 territory even with the toned down language but I think it will be far more effective.

Anyway, the result of all this writing is as follows

Tonight  - 2,205 words
NaNoWriMo - 40,983
Novel - 68,4240

So my target for the month is now just 9,000 words off done. It's feeling a little more achievable. It will take a great deal of effort but I'm going to give it a go. So I won't dally here overlong as I could get another section in tonight and move it that little bit even closer.

So just time to mention another rejection received this evening - this time for the horror novel Mr Stinky which means for the first time since I turned my hand to writing I have had three rejections in a single day. A new record. Not one I wanted though.

So I have responded in the only way I thought fit and sent out another couple of submissions

Right - back to writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)