Writing progress

Well this afternoon has been productive, both in terms of word count and plot advancement with plenty of euphemisms and creative swearing thrown in for good measure.

I have added 2,457 words to the story taking the total up to 70,877. In doing it I have finished chapter 17 and written the first scene of chapter 18. Andmy NaNoWriMo attempt is up to 43,440. Yes it does seem doomed but I am going to try to get as close as possible by the end of Monday. I'm not uploading anything to the site or trying to get any kind of recognition for this anyway - other than the hope I might get it published somewhere I suppose - so it doesn't really matter.

Aside from writing frenzy I have also sent in another submission - this one for the YA fantasy the Patternmaker's Daughter to Amberjack Publishing. Fingers crossed as always. I am going to find somewhere else to send my political sf novel Against the Fall of Empire before the end of the day. It wouldn't be fair for it to be the only one not submitted somewhere today.

The rest of the day is going to offer little chance for further writing. Food is not far off and then there is the Saturday night TV/Film night with the family which I wouldn't miss for the world. Tonight's will be a virtual copy of last week. We have one episode of the Blacklist recorded and there is Doctor Who on BBC 1 followed by two episodes of Scandinavian drama the Bridge Season 3 on BBC 4.

Sounds like a good evening. Now all I have to hope is the Doctor Who episode is a good one. The average so far this year is not good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle