Andy Goode

I've just seen the news item on the BBC Sports website about Andy Goode's retirement. I was a little shocked. I'd hoped to see another few games with him playing. He's been one of my favourite players since his time at Leicester Tigers, the team I've supported since I was a kid. And before anyone claims I jumped on the successful team bandwagon like some people are want to do, I want to say I lived in Leicester when I started to follow them (before they became the team in English rugby) and I still live in Leicestershire so they are my local side.

Anyway I digress. Andy Goode was a brilliant player; tough and physical and a superb goal kicker. I will miss watching him play.

The news story is at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34189106

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle